Saturday, March 24, 2007

Connect the Dots

For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 'You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:11-13)


This morning Jeff Struecker (Famed Ranger from “Blackhawk Down” and now Chaplain at the RTB) gave me the opportunity to share my testimony with 150 young Rangers. I shared how I could look back and “connect the dots” of God’s plan for my life and how faithful Jesus had been to guide me through the years even as a young unbeliever in the Mountain Phase of Ranger School. It was there I started reading the Bible for the first time. Later I would return to same location and preach my first sermon as a E5 Platoon Sergeant playing opposing force against the ranger students. After a few years I was assigned to Dahlonega as a Ranger Instructor, where Jesus used Debbie and I to minister to military, collegiate, and the community. It was in those same mountains that I received my call to be an Army Chaplain and would later serve as the Ranger Training Brigade Chaplain and share the gospel of Jesus Christ with thousands of ranger students over the course of three years. And this morning, at the crack of dawn, Jeff Struecker and I presented Jesus to the men I love dearly, once again. God has a plan indeed! The first part of His plan is to begin following His Son, Jesus Christ, as Savior and Lord. To know Him, serve Him and walk as He walked (1 Jn 2.6). The Second is to make Him known to those around you (Mt 4.19). Let’s get cracking at His great plan for our lives.

May I recommend Jeff’s new book: The Road to Unafraid





Just a small side note: Ranger Coleman, one of the men at the service this morning said as he was leaving, "Thanks for starting SWORDPOINT up again!" He's welcome and you're welcome. And I thank you for your support. Pass this on to some other warrior who needs to hear about Jesus.