Monday, August 11, 2008

Doing the Will of the Father, Obedience

“for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father.” (John 16:27)

““He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.””
(John 14.21)


The way to love the Father is to love the Son. And the way you love the Son is by doing His will. We need to be Jesus' disciple and follow Him.

Are you a disciple of Jesus? I'm not asking if you prayed a prayer to invite Him into your life. I'm asking "Are you actively following Him, Obeying Him, Becoming like Him?" That's what it means to be a disciple of Jesus. When Jesus ascended to the Father, He left this command with His disciples;

“And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”” (Matthew 28:18–20)

If you need help being His disciple, contact me at charleswood1@gmail.com

This is one of the most popular searches in my blog. If it was helpful, please click the "LIKE" box below. Thanks and have a blessed day.

For questions or comments drop me a line at charleswood1@gmail.com