Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Recruiter Told Me…

Then he said to them all: If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. (Luke 9:23)

I've always liked the Marines slogan, 'We're looking for a few good men.' And I've always liked the way the Marines recruit. They don't pull any punches. They don't advertise their college benefits, travel opportunities, or skills for a future job. They simply give it to you straight. If you want to be a US Marine you need to first and foremost want to be a warrior. I think that is exactly what Jesus did in His recruiting. He didn't promise a life of ease or riches. Instead, He challenges us to live a life of sacrifice and endurance. He advocates a life that is sold out for His objective to share the gospel with all the nations. Who wants to sign up?

Pass this on to another warrior who wants to follow Jesus!