Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Stand in the Door!

I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. (Revelation 3:8)

I remember the first time I heard these words, ‘Stand in the Door.’ I was jumping out of a little mock-up of a C-130 that was only a 2-foot jump into a sawdust pit. But three weeks later I heard those words from the Jumpmaster over the roar of a real C-130 at 1500 ft. Exiting the real door took a little more faith but I had gone through a process of training and it prepared me for the moment. I stood in the door of the aircraft and leaped into the prop-blast with skill and confidence. God has also asked us to pass through certain doors in our lives. Some doors are simple and others are very challenging. But, we must press through them nonetheless. Can you hear Jesus? He says 'Stand in the Door.' He has given us the command to 'Go.' Stand in the door and take that leap of faith!