Thursday, July 16, 2009

Examining Your Foundation

The Wise Master Builder (Part 18)

For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. (1 Corinthians 2:2)

How can I tell if Jesus is the foundation I’m building on in other people’s lives? This is a great question that should be asked often. The answer can be found in a few more simple questions.

- What is the focus of my ministry? Phil 3.8
- Am I helping people to do something or become like someone (Jesus)? 1 Jn 2.6
- What do I talk about most often? Luke 6.45
- Are Jesus’ priorities my priorities? Mt 6.33, Mt 22.37-39


Do a quick study of the Letter to the Philippians. In the first chapter alone Paul refers to Jesus over 20 times. If you were to read this chapter aloud, it would take you a little over 3 minutes. Question: If I were to state your name over 20 times in 3 minutes, what would you think? Do you think the Apostle Paul could answer the questions above in an affirmative manner?


Click Here to Recieve Chuck's Devotional by Email

Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved