Saturday, February 06, 2010

After the Storm

Praying for Our Army Work (Yesterday's Prayer Warriors: 26/100)

Lord, we know bad things happen to good and bad people. We know the good things happen to both too. So give us the perspective that You are in control and that we will trust You to bring glory to Yourself no matter what the circumstances. We pray for Fort Leavenworth (Staff: Paul and Sarah Oh, Geoff and Carla Kuhlman)

Click Here if you Prayed Today


After the Storm


“Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me, For my soul takes refuge in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge Until destruction passes by.” (Psalms 57:1)

When I was the Chaplain at Ranger School I saw a lot of “conversions.” But to be quite frank, most guys put God in their duffle bag when they graduated. Then they would conveniently pull Him out again when trouble came their way. They would treat God like a fire hose, only to be used in case of emergencies. The key to a continuous walk with Jesus is having the resolve to commune with Him at all times, good and bad. David prayed that God would be with him until the storm passed (Ps. 57:1). If the Psalm ended there, I think it would be a great tragedy. But the Psalmist goes on to express his continued relationship with God. David was more than a fair or foul weather believer. Let’s walk with God no matter what.

Click Here to Recieve Chuck's Devotional by Email

Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved