Thursday, February 04, 2010

Getting Worse Before it Gets Better

Praying for Our Army Work (Yesterday's Prayer Warriors: 35/100)

Father, we trust You with the work You are doing in our lives and in the lives of the men and women we minister to. When the unexplainable happens, when the tough things come, and when there is more brokenness than healing, we acknowledge Your sovereignty and love. We pray for all our Army ministries because we know there is pain and struggles among those we help to follow Jesus. Give them the trust and stamina to see Your hand in it all. We pray for the soldiers at Camp Merrill (Staff: Bob and Mary Foster)

Click Here if you Prayed Today

Getting Worse Before it Gets Better

“Then Moses returned to the LORD and said, “O Lord, why have You brought harm to this people? Why did You ever send me? “Ever since I came to Pharaoh to speak in Your name, he has done harm to this people, and You have not delivered Your people at all.”” (Exodus 5:22–23)

When I was a brand new follower of Jesus, I believed in a very prevalent theology, “Come to Jesus and it will all be better.” Within a month. I had slipped a disc in my back, lost the confidence of my men at work, and totaled my car. I knew the Christian life wouldn’t be a bed of roses, but come on! Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. But this is all in God’s plan to mold us and shape us into the men or women we were meant to be. He is also doing a work around us in others. Moses must have thought that God gave him a raw deal, but His glory would soon be revealed and Moses vindicated. Be patient. Hang in there. The Father has your best interest at heart and in the end, it will be better.


Click Here to Recieve Chuck's Devotional by Email

Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved