Monday, February 13, 2012

A DISCIPLE PROCLAIMS THE KINGDOM


But He said to him, “Allow the dead to bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim everywhere the kingdom of God.”
(Luke 9:59–60)


It has finally happened to me! The uncontrollable urge to tell everyone I meet about my grandchildren. I used to think this was an annoying quirk I had to endure when I was around old people. But now I’m finding that even as a young guy, I’m having a blast! I’ll even show pictures to perfect strangers! I don’t have to work hard at bringing the grandkids into the conversation. I’ll just naturally cram it into what ever we’re talking about. Jesus says His disciples are a lot like zealous grandparents – they want to make sure everyone around them knows about the Kingdom of God. They will go across the street or across the ocean. They will talk to a friend or a foreigner. They will tell you about the King and His rule morning, noon, and night. Grandparents and disciples of Jesus have one thing in common – they will tell you about their passion!

Did I mention this picture is of our grandson for whom I'm praying - that he will know the King and advance His Kingdom? And did I mention we have two more grandbabies on the way? Just thought you needed to know :)

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz