Monday, May 21, 2012

A DISCIPLE HAS FAITH IN JESUS

Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”
(John 6:29)

I was dangling underneath a helicopter on a rope 100 feet off the ground. Needless to say, I was a little nervous and the thought had crossed my mind more than once was, “is all this equipment strong enough to hold me?” It took a lot of mental discipline to trust my equipment and training and by the time I hit the ground, I had worked up a pretty good sweat. Trusting Jesus can be a lot like my experience. Sometimes, when people talk about faith in Christ, they make it sound so easy. Well, for those of us who have been down the trail a little bit and have had to wade through some of the tougher things in life, we know that faith takes a little work. It’s resolve in the fact that Jesus has our best interest at heart. It’s enduring and pressing on because we know He holds the victory. And ultimately it’s believing He will use our lives to advance His kingdom.

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz