Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A DISCIPLE LOVES JESUS BY OBEYING

“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”
(John 14:21)


I really connected with the conference speaker and made a beeline to him after the message. I invited him to coffee so I could pick his brain about his relationship with Jesus. He had some great things to say about abiding in Christ and then he asked me about my relationship with Jesus. I excitedly agreed with his story because it sounded very similar to mine. And that’s where the similarities ended. He blew my mind when he said, “I’m so glad you never mentioned the word obedience.” What?! The conversation took an abrupt turn south. How in the world could a person divorce obedience from their relationship with Jesus? He is our King and our Lord. He commands us to obey Him. He says if we love Him, we will obey. Jesus’ disciples are not only commanded to obey Him, they want to obey Him. 

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz