Sunday, December 06, 2015

The Church's Birthday

Lesson Learned: Most of you have heard me refer to the "Jesus Community" that existed before Acts 2 as the church. I want to let you know that after some study on the birth of the church, I'm going to conform my ecclesiology to the traditional point of view. My question was, "What does the Bible say about the timing of the birth of the church. The answer primarily came thru 1 Cor 12.12-13 and a study of pentecost (Exodus 34:22; Leviticus 23:15-21; Numbers 28:26; Deuteronomy 16:9-12, Exodus 23:16) and it's significants in Messianic prophecy. So I stand corrected, the church was born on the day the disciples were baptized in the Holy Spirit and these were the first fruits of Jesus' ministry. As a leader and teacher I want to be held to high standards of Biblical interpretation and I'm always open to discussion and correction. A question still remains; What role does the example of Jesus and His community play in our definition and function of church. Acts 17.11

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz