Monday, December 18, 2006

Day 9: The Old Man Wants to See You

And Jesus answered him, "Simon, I have something to say to you." And he replied, "Say it, Teacher."
(Luke 7:40)


When someone in authority wanted to see me, I always assumed the worst. Call me a pessimist but I don't think I'm alone. Why is it that almost all of us respond to these words with anxiety rather than joy. Could it be that we know ourselves too well. How would we respond if we heard "God wants to talk to you." Wouldn't it ellisit some of the same fears. In all actuality, I think it's good thing, its a healthy sense of fear that keeps us humble, repentant, and real. I am a sinner, saved by grace! (See Isaiah 6.1-6)

Day 1: A New Man
Day 2: Blasting Cap Religion
Day 3: Newbies
Day 4: Every Man a Conqueror, The Desire to Win
Day 5: Poncho Liner Poverty
Day 6: Pressing the Envelope for the Kingdom
Day 7: Can You Hear That?
Day 8: Just One Thing
Day 9: The Old Man Wants to See You
Day 10: Two Different Ministries, One Affect