Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fellow Workers with God

The Wise Master Builder (Part 11)

For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building. (1 Corinthians 3:9)

I helped my Dad change the transmission in a dump truck once. Really, I wasn’t very much help. I handed him tools and talked to him while he turned the wrenches. Even when it was time to lift the heavy transmission into place, I could tell my contribution was minimal. But there was more going on under the truck than mechanics. It was the bonding of father and son.

As “God’s fellow workers” it is much the same. I mean really, how do we help the creator of the universe? More than anything we are allowed to participate for the sake of relationship rather than effect. Don’t get me wrong, I believe our contribution in ministry is real but God does not need our help. He enjoys us working alongside Him in the family business. So when God asks us to get under the hood of someone’s life and help change the heart, He's not asking us because He needs us. He’s asking us to get greasy with Him, spend time working on what He loves, to commune around the most important work in the universe, the lives of people.


Click Here to Recieve Chuck's Devotional by Email

Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved