Saturday, June 27, 2009

Under Construction

The Wise Master Builder (Part 13)

For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building. (1 Corinthians 3:9)

The Apostle Paul switches metaphors in verse 9. He refers to us as those who are doing the work (God’s fellow workers) and switches to those who are being worked on (God’s field or building). In other words the Master Builder is also one being worked on while he works. Those who are doing ministry for others are still in need of someone ministering to them.

This poses a dilemma for most people who are in the beginning stages of investing their lives into others. They ask, “I’m just starting to grow in Christ myself, how could I possibly help someone grow in their faith?” Great question but it should not paralyze us in our efforts to help others spiritually. One of the great secrets of Christian growth is that God does a major work in my own life when I reach out to others. As I turn to my brothers and sisters and begin to minister to them, God seems to teach me the most important and exciting lessons about walking with Jesus. So as God’s fellow workers we work as we are being worked on.

Click Here to Recieve Chuck's Devotional by Email

Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved