Monday, February 07, 2011

COMPASSION COMPARTMENT

Read Matthew 20.29-34

Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him.” (Matthew 20:34)

COMPASSION COMPARTMENT

I barely know her, but I constantly remember her in prayer. She’s been diagnosed with cancer once again and my heart aches for her. I’m normally not this moved by illnesses, but this one is special. This is the same kind of cancer my wife Deb had. Now, anytime I hear about it, I’m moved to compassion. When I think about it, that same feeling that grips me and causes my insides to twist is the same feeling Jesus had for people over and over again. From the blind men to hungry people, Jesus really cared. Makes me want to broaden my horizons in the compassion compartment.

How are you stretching yourself to be more compassionate?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz