Monday, February 19, 2007

NERVOUS IN THE SERVICE

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

I've done a lot of dangerous things in my career. Jumping out of aircraft, repelling out of helicopters, surf infiltration, platoon night live fires, and the list goes on. I also took my life into my hands every time I drove my car when I was stationed in Italy. But the things I worry about are usually simple. How are my boys going to do in life, what will my next assignment be, am I doing a good job. We worry about all kind of things. But God says, ‘Stop worrying, call unto me and I'll take care of you.’ We can take Him at His Word. Lift up you worries to Him in faith and carry on.