Saturday, May 26, 2007

Brand New

Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. (Colossians 3:9-10)

When I graduated from Basic Training I was a new person. I went from 17-year-old high school drop out, to being a soldier. A transformation had taken place and I would never be the same. I was a young rebellious kid who had been changed into a disciplined young man. I was brand new. As Christians, we have undergone a change as well. First, there is a spiritual change in our status with God. We have a new relationship with the Father through the righteousness of Christ. Then there are new adjustments in our actions. A soldier acts like a soldier. A Christian should act like Jesus Christ. There should be a definite transformation in us as we put our faith in Jesus. Live the New Life!