Tuesday, May 22, 2007

THE GOD WHO SEES ALL

Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. (PS 51:9-10)

Have you ever been so relaxed around your supervisor that you said or did something you later regretted? Once I was talking to the Battalion XO and complaining about an issue. As I left the room I thought about how immature and petty I had sounded and wished I had never said anything at all. I made myself look bad in my supervisor’s eyes. But, those were my real thoughts and attitudes about the issues and as immature as they were, it was the real me. We try to hide our weaknesses from others in order to appear more mature or noble then we really are. We can't do this with God. He sees and hears everything, even the things hidden deep in our hearts. I'm glad we don't have to fake it with God. He knows us to the bone and when we confess our shortcomings He's ready and willing to forgive.