Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Eyes Wide Open

And Elisha prayed, ‘O LORD, open his eyes so he may see.’ Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. (2 Kings 6:17)

We were walking through the woods in our tactical formation and suddenly a bush started talking to me. Scared me so bad I almost came out of my skin. I had walked right up on a turkey hunter with incredible camouflage. I think the ol' country boy got a kick out of foolin' the army guys. We can often fail to see spiritual things right in front of our face as well. Sometimes the camouflage of this physical world can cover up the spiritual. We need to have our eyes wide open, always looking for the spiritual developments around us. Pray that God will open your spiritual eyes and ears to the things He's doing all around you.