Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Passing it On

And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. (2 Timothy 2:2)

For the last 27 years, I've been mentoring men. I know a lot of you do too. Just one guy at a time, one day at a time. I’ve shared the tips of the trade both professionally and spiritually. From time to time I link-up with my friends and I hear how well they're doing. Of course, I've only had a small part in their success but I’m a part nonetheless. God has allowed me to make an impact their lives. But notice what kind of men the Apostle Paul directs Timothy toward. “Faithful men who are willing to invest in others.” When we look for men to mentor, we should pick men who are willing pass it on. To me there is no greater reward this side of heaven then to see men growing in their faith and investing in others.