Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Master Builder (Part 1)




According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it. (1 Corinthians 3:10)


I recently preached a message on the importance of spiritual reproduction and generations from 1 Cor 3.6-15. I’d like to write a short series on the same. I’m concerned about how far the modern Church has drifted from Jesus’ instruction to “make disciples of all the nations.” The early church had a passion to become like Christ, not only in His morality but in His ministry. Our zeal to emulate His ministry has waned to a self centered preoccupation of what Dallas Willard calls “sin management.” We have focused almost all of our efforts on “getting into heaven.” Whether by grace or by works, the goal is the same. For most, eternal life has been relegated to a life after death experience rather than an abundant life here on earth that begins when we start following Jesus (Jn 10.10). A huge portion of that abundant life is the thrill and exhilaration of participating with God in rescuing and restoring the souls of men and women. Join me in this great adventure.


Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved