Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Tell It Like It Is

"For everyone will be salted with fire. "Salt is good; but if the salt becomes unsalty, with what will you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with one another." (Mark 9:49-50)


You’d better have a thick skin if you ask a sergeant for advice. The men and women of the Non-Commissioned Office Corps are renowned for their frank and unapologetic input.



The followers of Jesus should be no less honest with their evaluations and recommendations to one another. There is certainly never a place for “brutal” honesty (Eph 4.15) but we as Christians desperately need the truth to be told to us in love. My attention should be given to two responsibilities on this matter of “being salt” in another person’s life. First, how do I receive truth? Do I get defensive, try to hide or deny. Do I get angry or bitter? Or do I prayerfully consider what a person is communicating to help me become more like Christ? Secondly, when I speak the truth to others am I delivering it in a manner where it will best be received? When sharing truth I should try to maintain both potency and peace.



Please leave me your feedback by clicking on "comments" below.

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved