Sunday, December 26, 2010

IDENTITY CRISIS

Read Matthew 16.13-20

He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15)

IDENTITY CRISIS

Our family was spending the hot summer’s day at the pool and I decided to get the boys a popsicle. Being 25 cents short, I went to my wife and put my arm around shoulders and said, “Give me a quarter.” Only one problem, she wasn’t my wife! Oops! This was, what you might call, an identity crisis. Fortunately, the woman had a good sense of humor. It’s one thing to misidentify your wife but its quite another to misidentify Jesus. Peter got it right when he said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” And is it any wonder that in Peter’s second letter, a letter of reminders, he would remind us of this one thing: “…grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 3:18) Identity Crisis or Christ’s Identity? We choose.

Who is Jesus to you, really? Are you helping others to identify the real Jesus?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz