Wednesday, December 29, 2010

HE HAS NO EQUAL

Read Matthew 17.1-13

“This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!” (Matthew 17:5)

HE HAS NO EQUAL

I received an email from my son, Wes, saying that he got to hang out with the President. I was impressed! I wrote him back asking for more details. Then he let the cat out the bag. It was only the president of an organization not the President of the United States. Very funny. That’s kind of what Peter should have noticed on the Mount of Transfiguration. He was so amazed at the company of Moses, Elijah, and Jesus, that he wanted to make all three a shelter right there on top of the mountain. Peter mistakenly lumped all three of these heroes of the faith together. But the Father squared him away in one small but significant statement: "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!” Suddenly, there is only One Hero and it is Jesus, the Son of God. He has no equal among men! He deserves our undivided attention!

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz