Saturday, December 25, 2010

MASTERING THE OBVIOUS

Read Matthew 16.1-12

“Do you know how to discern the appearance of the sky, but cannot discern the signs of the times?” (Matthew 16:3)

MASTERING THE OBVIOUS

I had looked all over the house for my reading glasses and just couldn’t find them. I had just used them and they couldn’t have just disappeared. Finally I asked Deb if she had seen them. She said, “Yeah, they’re on your head.” I think we’ve all experienced this kind of embarrassment. Have you ever missed things that were spiritually obvious? The Pharisees missed the signs of the times and consequently missed the Messiah. The disciples missed the fact that Jesus could produce bread out of thin air and couldn’t connect the dots on a key lesson He was trying to teach. The only way I know how to keep from making the same blunders is to pray that God will open our eyes and ears and to hang out with people doing the same.

Who are the wise people you hang out with? Are you praying for wisdom?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz