Friday, December 24, 2010

THE PRINCE OF PATIENCE

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!


Read Matthew 15.32-39

“And Jesus called His disciples to Him, and said, “I feel compassion for the people…” (Matthew 15:32)

THE PRINCE OF PATIENCE

Ever struggle in the patience department? I know I do. But let’s watch Jesus as He feeds the 4000. The first thing you should recognize is that He has fed the multitudes before. He fed 5000 earlier (Matthew 14.15-21) and He actually challenges them on their motives for wanting to be with Him (John 6.1-14, 26-27). He tells them they are just following Him because He filled their bellies. Now after you and I have discovered folks are using us, what do we do? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me, right? Not Jesus. He actually feeds them again. Father, give us the patience of Your Son so that we can love the way He did.

Who in your life do you need to be patient with and “feed” again?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz