Friday, November 14, 2008

Jesus and the Lordship of the Father

I'm going to be a little short on time over the weekend so I'll post a few devotionals for your kitbag.

This is my introduction to Lordship (making Jesus not only my Savior but my Lord). When I'm talking to men about making Jesus the Lord of their lives, I point out Jesus' submission to the Father. This helps me to explain the concept of lordship and continue to underscore Jesus as the model.

Jesus and the Lordship of the Father

Greater than Family – Mt 12, 46-50
Greater than Food – Jn 4.32-34
Greater than His own Will – Lk 22.42
Greater than His Life – Phil 2.8
It was His Job Description – Jn 6.38-39
Obedience = Love – Jn 14.21

For questions or comments drop me a line at charleswood1@gmail.com or click the envelope below to send this post to a friend...