Saturday, November 08, 2008

Motivation for the Word


Here’s a little devo I use to help guys see the importance of being in the Word. I ask them to rate the following statements on a scale of 1 to 10. Then we read the verses. Most guys will give 10s for every statement. My last question is: You have stated that the Word of God has very high value to you, are you reading it on a daily basis? Do your actions match your stated value?

Motivation for the Word

On a scale of 1-10 how important is…
· The Word of God tells the truth - 2 Tim 3.16
· It is essential to my success - Josh 1.8
· It gets to the root of my problems - Heb 4.12
· Reading it is a priority - Mat 6.33
· Its essential for effective ministry - 2 Tim 2.15
Ezra 7.10, Mat 4.4

For questions or comments drop me a line at charleswood1@gmail.com or click the envelope below to send this post to a friend...