Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Kingdom Priorities


Read Mt 6.19-34

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
(Matthew 6:33)



Jesus establishes the top priorities for every disciple.

The life of a disciple is simple: seek the Father’s ways first. His ways are wrapped up in two elements: His Kingdom and His righteousness. Pretty basic, right? Well in concept at least. But it is clear that God’s interests come before any other. Whether they be family, career, recreation, school or even personal desires, they all become subservient to the Father’s lordship and character.

Again this goes back to changing a person’s values. Discipleship is putting God at the center of every decision I make. It is teaching disciples how to consider the Kingdom before they buy that next car or house. God’s righteousness should be integrated into every relationship in which they are engaged. Jesus Christ should be at the center of everything they are and do. If we want to know how much work it will take to infuse these priorities into a young disciple’s life, we don’t have to look any further than the mirror. This is why modeling and patience is so important. We have to set the example for Kingdom living. We have to recognize that spiritual transformation in light of God’s righteousness takes time. Keep plugging and praying.

Some Thermometers of Kingdom Living

· How do I spend my time
· How do I spend my money
· How do I recreate
· Whom do I hang out with
· Whom am I serving
· How often do I say “No” to myself
· Do I do all of the above in light of God’s Kingdom and Righteousness
FJ84


For questions or comments drop me a line at charleswood1@gmail.com or click the envelope below to send this post to a friend...