Wednesday, January 19, 2011

BRINGING OUR CHILDREN TO JESUS

Read Matthew 19.13-15

"But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these” (Matthew 19:14-15)

BRINGING OUR CHILDREN TO JESUS

One of the greatest mistakes I made in raising my boys was not emphasizing Jesus enough. There were so many things that clouded a clear view of our Lord: ministry, career, religion, school, discipline, finances, recreation, and the list goes on. If I had to do it over again, I would have talked about Jesus as though He were really in the room (and He is) and all that He is and does for us. I would have majored on His teaching and life instead of the classic Sunday school stories of David and Goliath or Noah and the Ark. I would have majored on reading the gospels over and over again until being like Jesus was second nature. Why will we teach our kids about everything else and only give them a little bit of Jesus? My advice to parents today? Bring your kids to Jesus. Make Him the focus of Your teaching.

How often do You talk about Jesus with your kids?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz