Friday, January 07, 2011

REMOVE ALL OBSTACLES

Read Matthew 18.1-11

“Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks!” (Matthew 18:7)

REMOVE ALL OBSTACLES

Just a few days ago, I became “that guy.” I got confused in the mall parking lot. You know, the ones where there are no stop signs where there should be and are where they shouldn’t be. I got confused, but proceeded across the intersection anyway and got caught in the middle. Now I was stuck with traffic hemming me in on all sides, the center of attention. I had become an obstacle to many committed Mallsters and their shopping pleasures. Jesus talks about obstacles that are in the way of eternal life. He says, “Woe to the man” who becomes a stumbling block to peoples' spiritual growth. And it’s better to whack off body parts than to be a stumbling block to one’s own spiritual growth. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather face a mob angry shopaholics than hear Jesus say “Woe unto you” because I became an obstacle to His plans for me or another.

How can a person get in the way of another’s relationship with Jesus?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz