Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A DISASTROUS MISCALCULATION

Read Matthew 18.21-35

“My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.” (Matthew 18:35)

A DISASTROUS MISCALCULATION

I watched him quickly descend the face of the cliff. He was showing off in front of the students and his Australian Rappel was flawless until he hit the small ledge at the end of the rope. Now, having run out of rope, he would fall another 50 feet because he had misjudged his speed. He survived the fall but his miscalculation cost him dearly. The unforgiving slave in Jesus’ parable made a gross miscalculation, as well. I don’t pretend to understand how to reconcile total forgiveness of all sin and Jesus' pronouncement about conditional forgiveness based on forgiving others. But I do know this; I am at the end of my spiritual rope and desperately need to be forgiven for my sins. So I will slow down and carefully forgive others as I have been forgiven. Then I will land safely on the ledge of His grace. Failure to do so could be a disastrous miscalculation.

Who do you need to forgive? Do it today and don’t look back!

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz