Saturday, January 08, 2011

THE POWER OF ONE

Read Matthew 18.12-14

“If it turns out that he finds it, truly I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine which have not gone astray.” (Matthew 18:13)

THE POWER OF ONE

If you try to call my cell phone while I’m in a one-on-one discipleship meeting, you’ll have to leave a message. It’s because at that moment this one person has my undivided attention. Why am I so dogged about this ministry? Because I realize the potential residing in this one person. So much of what we do in Christendom is oriented toward the 99 but I have found people merely get lost in the masses. One of the reasons people don’t become healthy, reproductive disciples of Jesus is because they don’t get the individual attention required to pull off such a feat. Imagine what the Church would look like if every individual could help another individual grow in their relationship with Christ. I tell you there is no building big enough to contain such a movement.

Who is your one sheep you are helping follow Jesus?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz