Wednesday, November 02, 2011

18

“And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. (Matthew 28:18)

18

Some numbers are more important to me than others. Like the number of seats in an airplane verses the number of functioning engines. Or how many loaves of bread I was supposed to pick up verses the number of my kids I should have when I leave the grocery store. The number 18 is pretty important to me. I've often heard the Great Commission (GC) preached or quoted without verse 18. Every fiber in my being wants to stand and shout, "What about verse 18!" Quoting the GC without verse 18 is kind of like trying to start a car with no engine: it just doesn't have any power. Verse 18 is the 'Who' and the 'Why' of the Great Commission. It's essentially what makes the Great Commission so great.

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz