Saturday, November 26, 2011

ARE YOU PLUGGED IN?

"Go make disciples of all nations..."
(Matthew 28:19)

As I sit here typing at my keyboard, I realize that it doesn’t matter how excited I am, no words will appear on the page unless my computer is plugged in (even if I have had three cups of coffee). I could type really fast or type really hard – no electricity, no words. I could have the most brilliant and poetic prose, unless I've pushed the “on” button, the best I can do is make a bunch of annoying clicking noises. But once I have power, words miraculously begin to show up on the page. The same is true of our going. It’s interesting that after Jesus commanded His disciples to go, He commanded them to wait (Acts 1.4). They were to wait in Jerusalem until the Holy Spirit came upon them. And then as they went, they went in power (Acts 1.8).The Holy Spirit has been given to all believers (Rom 8.9) and it is our privilege and responsibility to tap into His power for the sake of making disciples (1Thes 1.5, Gal 5.16).

So how does one "plug-in" to the Holy Spirit for making disciples?

You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz