Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Changing of the Guard

In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. Luke 22:20

I have seen the changing of guards all over the world. From London, to the Vatican, to Germany, even doing it myself as a private at Fort Bragg. But, there is nothing so magnificent as the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Washington D.C. Every time I see the ceremony, it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. However, there is a changing of the guard even more magnificent then that; the changing of the old covenant to the new. Jesus, through His blood shed on the cross, relieved the Old Covenant of its duties and brought in New. There is a new Guardian of Heaven. Jesus alone can let you pass. SP176