Friday, January 11, 2008

Maintaining the Image

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27

I was taught from day one that when I put on the uniform I represent my branch of service and more importantly, my Nation. Many before me have worn this uniform and paid the great price for freedom. I wear it with pride and dignity. There is a certain image to maintain. As God’s creation, we also have a image to maintain, a reflection of the Divine. We represent Him to a lost and dying world. Unfortunately, the image is tarnished by sin. But by following Jesus, we begin the repairing and polishing process that is available to us in His righteousness. Ultimately, He makes us magnificently presentable for our final inspection. SP168