Friday, January 25, 2008

Where the Action Is?

As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him. Jesus did not let him, but said, "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed. Mark 5:18-20

Some of us reading this devotional today are struggling with the fact that our comrades are deployed and we are not. We are left with the mundane day-to-day chores of support and it’s not very glamorous. I know the feeling. I volunteered to deploy every month I was on active duty with a new scheme to get overseas. But, as much as we don’t like to hear it, our jobs are just as important to the effort right here at home. Now how does this relate to our walk with the Lord? We can get the same feelings of not being ‘where the action is’ as we serve Jesus. We might think, “If I were only a missionary or pastor or in some other place.” Well, the most important question is “am I serving Christ right where I am now?” Sometimes God calls us to stay. SP178