Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Excel Still More

Finally then, brethren, we request and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us instruction as to how you ought to walk and please God (just as you actually do walk), that you excel still more. 1 Thessalonians 4:1

I must admit that going through the Captain’s Career Course at 43 and after 25 years of service was quite the challenge. I don’t mean physically or mentally, I mean Psychologically. When you’ve been around since the rock was a secret weapon, it’s hard to change. Someone once told me, “the older you get, the less teachable you are.” Boy, do I believe that can happen! But, I think the Apostle Paul gives us the standard. We can’t quit growing and learning. We have to keep stretching ourselves. Don’t stiffen your neck, stay pliable to the Lord Jesus and His teachings. SP175