Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Muscle Failure

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Every soldier is very familiar with doing push-ups until the arms become like wet noodles and no longer offer the “up” part of the exercise. It’s at that point in the exercise where I can’t do any more and I start to shake uncontrollably and finally I see the turf up-close and personal. It’s hard to believe but that’s the time when we are being strengthened the most, in our weakness. In this life we face so many trials and temptations and as we go through them we feel weak. It seems as though we can’t take another step or face another day. God is standing by to rescue us, but only after He has allowed the circumstance to have its full results in our lives. He allows our weakness to be turned into strength. Hang in there! SP180