Saturday, December 27, 2008

Testimony 9: Seeing the Light

Chapter 9

But if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
(1 John 1:7)


As the orange sunrise filled the room, Truth filled my soul. I had been living a lie. And I had lied to so many. I was lying to my Platoon Sergeant who had come to trust and respect me for my skills and leadership toward the younger guys. He didn’t know what was going on out at “The House.” I’m sure if he had, I would have been thrown out of the Army. I was a lie to my parents. Both were very successful officers. At the time Dad was a Major and Mom was a Captain. They were so proud of me because I was in one of the most elite units in the world. If they had known the real me, it would have broken their hearts. And lastly, I was a lie to myself. I thought, “as long as it didn’t affect my job, I could do anything I wanted. It wasn’t the Army’s business what I did off duty, right?” But I knew it was affecting my duties and more importantly, it was affecting my whole life. That morning it suddenly dawned on me: I couldn’t lie to God. He sees everything just as it is. In all its rawness, God saw my life as the train wreck it really was. He knew the truth.

For questions or comments drop me a line at charleswood1@gmail.com or click the envelope below to send this post to a friend...

© 2008 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved