Saturday, January 03, 2009

Testimony 10: Receiving God's Plan for My Life


Chapter 10

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
(John 1:12)


Having been confronted with lies and the truth, I also reflected on the things I heard and read at Ft. Bragg. How Jesus had died on a cross to forgive me and how, if I trusted him, He would change my life. I was ready. I had enough. I was sick of my life and the lies. I had all the data I needed. I believed Christ died and rose from the grave. I believed He could forgive me and give me eternal life. I just never embraced the facts by applying them to my own life by following Him. It was like receiving a gift and never opening it. But the scriptures promised that if I would receive Christ in faith He would change my life. So there on the floor, I prayed. My prayer didn’t sound very theological or pious as some would expect. It was simple and honest and it was basically, “O.K. God.” With sincerity of heart, expressed in a simple prayer, I surrendered my life to following Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior on 23 December 1979. Then everything changed.

Testimony 1: In the Beginning
Testimony 2: Jesus is Watching You
Testimony 3: Paratrooper Religion
Testimony 4: Afraid of being Left Behind
Testimony 5: The Geographical Solution
Testimony 6: The Geographical Solution Fails
Testimony 7: The Seed is Planted
Testimony 8: Spiritual Melee
Testimony 9: Seeing the Light
Testimony 10: Receiving God's Plan for My Life
Testimony 11: A New Creature
Testimony 12: What about You?
Testimony 13: A Little Miracle
Testimony 14: An Apostle to the Soldier
Testimony 15: First Steps toward Growth
Testimony 16: Being Discipled
For questions or comments drop me a line at charleswood1@gmail.com or click the envelope below to send this post to a friend...

© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved