Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Testimony 1: In the Beginning

The Testimony of Chaplain (Retired) Chuck Wood

Chapter 1

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; Your right hand will hold me fast. (PSALM 139:7-10)

But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
(Matthew 19:14)

As long as I can remember I've always known there was a God. Even when I went through the throes of rebellion during a season of my life, I could not deny that there was Something, Someone watching over us. I was less than three years old living in California. It was a bright sunny day and I was playing in the backyard. My dart gun had malfunctioned (I always knew I'd be a soldier as well) and the spring was lost somewhere in the tall grass. Dart guns are pretty important to little boys and I couldn't have a full and productive life without one. I panicked and searched frantically for this tiny spring in (what I thought at the time was) a huge backyard. I don't know how I thought to pray about this tragedy, but I did. And through tears of my little eyes, I found the missing spring. Coincidence? That's just the beginning. It was my first recollection of praying and (more importantly) thinking that there must be a God.

Testimony 1: In the Beginning
Testimony 2: Jesus is Watching You
Testimony 3: Paratrooper Religion
Testimony 4: Afraid of being Left Behind
Testimony 5: The Geographical Solution
Testimony 6: The Geographical Solution Fails
Testimony 7: The Seed is Planted
Testimony 8: Spiritual Melee
Testimony 9: Seeing the Light
Testimony 10: Receiving God's Plan for My Life
Testimony 11: A New Creature
Testimony 12: What about You?
Testimony 13: A Little Miracle
Testimony 14: An Apostle to the Soldier
Testimony 15: First Steps toward Growth
Testimony 16: Being Discipled


For questions or comments drop me a line at charleswood1@gmail.com or click the envelope below to send this post to a friend...