Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Enthusiastic U-Turns

Matthew 4.12-17

From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." (Matthew 4.17)

Enthusiastic U-Turns

I swerved my car across two lanes to make it to the left turn lane and then made a quick u-turn, squealing the tires just a little bit. Why the sudden change of direction? We were headed to some humdrum restaurant, when out of the corner of my eye I spotted Deb's and my favorite TexMex place. The dangerous maneuver was worth it. That’s what people who value the Kingdom of God do when they see it. They repent and change directions on a dime. They do whatever it takes to be a part of it. Generally, we view repentance as a negative, hard decision of I have to change. But people who recognize the Kingdom for what it is, desperately want to change!

Have you ever done a Bible study on the Kingdom of God/Heaven? What would a study like that be worth to you?


You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz