Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In Your Face

Matthew 3.1-12

In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Desert of Judea and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." (Matthew 3.1)

In Your Face

I had been befriending a fellow student named Ed for several weeks. I was hoping to gently and gradually introduce him to Jesus and I was making a little headway. One day in class, a fellow student came up and slammed a New Testament on the desk in front of Ed and I and said, “You got one of these?” Ed responded “No.” The in your face evangelist stared him in the eyes and simply said, “Read it” and walked away. I asked Ed, “What did you think about that?” He responded, “I needed a good swift kick in the pants.” I was blown away! God uses all kinds of methods to help people find Jesus and enter His Kingdom.

Do you have more than one method to share the gospel of Jesus with others? How do you know which one to use?


You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz