Sunday, October 31, 2010

Got Power?

Matthew 5.17-20

"For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5.20)

Got Power?

I pushed all the right buttons, had the right drives installed and had it correctly connected to my computer. But for some reason, I just couldn't get my printer to work. Then the most embarrassing thought crossed my mind, “Did I forget to plug it in?” Sure enough, the reason it didn’t work was because it had no power. The same is true in our spiritual life. Unless we plug into the power to be righteous there will be no righteousness. And the power for righteousness is in Jesus Christ (Jn 15.5, 2 Cor 5.21). As we maintain our connection with the power, we still need to participate in the process by learning to push the right buttons (Jn 14.21, Mat 7.24). Two Ps: Stay Plugged in and keep on Practicing!

Are you praying about bringing your life into conformity of the image of Christ or are you winging it?


You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz