Friday, October 29, 2010

Upside-down Happiness

Matthew 5.1-12

“Blessed are those…” (Matthew 5.4)

Upside-down Happiness

The Mexican doctor confirmed it was a shattered kneecap. I had slipped on a wet floor in the cruise ship’s dining room. After painful surgery, I was at home contemplating what to do. Can you say big-fat-hairy lawsuit? That’s what the world would do, right? After a lot of thought and prayer, I decided against suing the cruise line. Why? Because it was an accident. Why? Because the opportunity revealed a deep sense of greed and I would not let it master me. Why? Because we have become a lawsuit-happy society and I didn’t want to be part of that. My insurance covered the medical expenses and I was blessed. Blessed in the Greek means " happy ". And happy is the man with Kingdom values.

How are you shocking the world with your eternal perspective?


You can receive "Following Jesus" via email by subscribing below.
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz