Thursday, April 24, 2008

Connect the Dots

But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations. Psalm 33:11


I helped one of my fellow Ranger Instructors grow in his relationship with Christ in Dahlonega, GA. He in turn helped a cadet at North Georgia College who, 15 years later, became an instructor at West Point. Some very close friends of ours from Ft. Stewart, GA sent their son to West Point and was discipled by that instructor. Small world? How about this? The man who discipled me at Ft Campbell, KY had a son who joined the Air Force 17 years later. The son just happened to be stationed at an Air Force Base near the seminary I was attending in Phoenix, AZ and I discipled him. Coincidence? No way. I believe God has a plan and it is intricately woven through our lives to accomplish His will. Occasionally, God lets us “connect the dots” and encourages us as we survey His handiwork. Contemplate His awesome sovereignty and take comfort in His grand design. SP244