Saturday, April 26, 2008

Soldier On

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;
2 Timothy 4:7


I was standing next the Commander of our MLRS Battery who had received orders to aim his missiles at Iraq. The troops stood before me, their chaplain, wide eyed and prepared to perform their mission. They asked me to offer prayers for God’s protection and guidance. Operation Desert Fox had begun. Just another response to Sadaam’s defiance since the First Gulf War. And later a Second Gulf War after another round of failed diplomacy. A soldier’s work is never done. And our spiritual soldiering is never done. Day after day, month after month, we are in a fight between the forces of good and evil. Are you in the fight or have you become a POW or WIA? Are you proficient with your weapon (the Bible) or are you struggling to aim it right? Let me encourage you, soldier on for Jesus! SP247