Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Things that Entangle

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1

The strong currents put so much pressure on the nylon rope, it felt like I was pulling a dump truck across the river. I was responsible for getting the lead end of the rope bridge tied to a sturdy tree on the far side. Running out of strength, I got a bright idea. I starting turning in a circle allowing the rope to wrap around my body act like a human wench. Before long I realized I had made a big mistake. The rope was getting tighter and tighter with every turn. It felt like I was being strangled by Boa Constrictor and I strained tremendously to even breathe. This was a bad idea. Sin is an awful lot like that. At first we may think it’s good idea, but as we become entangled it starts to squeeze the life out of us. We begin to strain for spiritual breath and slowly but surely, we lose consciousness of our Creator. Be careful, don’t get wrapped up in things that will damage you and your fellowship with Jesus. SP233